Here's some good news if you’re hurt in a crash as a passenger or when you borrow a car.  

You might qualify for extra settlement money—if you’ve got the right insurance. It comes from the policy for the car you rode in, and maybe even your own policy. It's called underinsured motorist coverage, or UIM.

In this brief video, Spartanburg, South Carolina car and motorcycle accident attorney Rob Usry describes how UIM works, and how you can protect your right to a proper settlement from it.

Using Underinsured Motorist Coverage If You Are Borrowing a Car Or a Passanger

Hey folks, here is some good news for anyone who gets hurt in a crash when they're a passenger or when they borrow a car. You might qualify for extra settlement money if you've got the right kind of insurance. It comes from the policy on the car you wrote in and maybe even your own policy. It’s called underinsured motorist coverage or UIM. You can use it if your injuries use up the limits on the at fault drivers liability policy.

Insurance coverage is complex even if you're dealing with your own policy you're still dealing with an insurance company. When you turn to them for help, they turn on you.

If you've been seriously hurt in a car accident you need an experienced auto accident attorney who can help you get the coverage you need through the policies that exist to give it to you and help you get a proper settlement for your case.

If you've got any questions about your car accident fill out our get help now form or just call our office at 864-582-0146 to schedule a free no pressure strategy session. I thank you for thinking about this with me and I hope I see you soon.

Rob Usry
Connect with me
Rob is a Spartanburg personal injury lawyer. Rob also practices as a workers' compensation attorney.