If you're wondering what it's like to work with us, check out these client reviews on a website we don't own.
Here’s the answer to the #1 burning question our clients have:
What are the penalties for a DUI/DUAC First Offense conviction? These charges can seriously disrupt your life. And let us dispel a tragic myth from the get-go: Regardless what you’ve been told, Driving with an Unlawful Alcohol Concentration (DUAC) charges carry the SAME penalties as driving under the influence (DUI).
These are some of the potential costs of a first offense DUI or DUAC:
- Immediate license suspension - even without a conviction,
- Costly, burdensome ignition interlock,
- Fines and court costs ranging from a minimum of around $1,000 up to over $2,000,
- Possible jail time,
- Driver’s license suspension - 6 months, which can be ended with getting ignition interlock,
- Permanent criminal record - unlike certain other crimes, DUI convictions cannot be removed from your public record,
- SR-22 auto insurance, which can cause premiums to skyrocket,
- Costs to attend the Alcohol and Drug Safety Action Program - at least $500 and up to $2,500,
- College students can lose state scholarships and their parents can lose tax credits for education payments,
- You also face a possibly a cloudy employment future, including potential loss of your job and future job opportunities.
But It's Not All Gloom and Doom- Here's Some DUI Secrets You Need To Know:
- Just because you blew .08 or more does not mean you are automatically guilty. If we can use your video to prove you’re not impaired, it’s just a number, and you’ve got a shot at acquittal. Plus . . .
- Don’t assume you can’t win—you may have defenses you don’t even know about. No matter how confident the officer seemed, the State must prove its case, not you. We know how to point out what the officer did wrong and can present the facts that favor you. We also know how to develop highly technical legal defenses, if they exist in your case, that can get it dismissed, no matter how “bad” you think your case is.
- When you’re charged with a DUI or DUAC, you’ve got to act fast to protect your rights. If your license got suspended for refusing a breathalyzer test or blowing .15 or more, the clock is ticking on the deadline to get a license to drive without restriction in South Carolina, and if you miss the court date on your traffic ticket, you could be convicted without a jury trial.
Stop the "Worry Train" in its Tracks: Empower Yourself with Free Info from Us.
Experience teaches, and ours has shown these cases are often far from hopeless. The truth is, the thing that inspires the most fear in DUI suspects is fear of the unknown- what could happen to you, or how you could ever stand a chance at winning. Those are well-founded fears that should be addressed by a legal professional, but you need information to help you understand the system you've been forced into.
We're here to help you in several ways:
- You can download our book about South Carolina DUI and DUAC cases, called The Terrible Price of a DUI/DUAC Conviction and Defenses You Might Not Know About.
- We've got a ton of free info right here on our website. Check out our Articles, Blogs, Frequently Asked Questions, and Videos. You can search for specific questions using the search box on the right side of the page.
- You can always call toll free 888-230-1841 for a free strategy session to start mounting a defense, or start a live chat, or fill out our Get Help Now form.
Here’s answers to questions you should be asking:
- Why fight the charge?
- Why should I fight the arrest license suspension?
- How will my first offense case travel through the courts?
- Why your case likely depends on a video, which needs to be watched with a trained eye
- A dreaded potential side effect of a conviction- ignition interlock
- How can I win my case when the officer said I failed the field sobriety tests?
- What happens if I refused the breathalyzer breath test?
If you’re wondering what it’s like to be one of our clients, we can help with that, too.
- You can read our reviews on a website we don't own.
- Quick video: what your first meeting is like with me
- Our process for defending your case
Call Today for a Free Strategy Session With a DUI Attorney!
It won’t cost a dime to get your questions answered. Call us toll-free at 888-230-1841 to schedule your free case discussion with one of our DUI attorneys today. Don’t forget to bring all your paperwork!
We handle cases primarily in the Upstate area of South Carolina, especially Spartanburg, Cherokee, Greenville, Laurens, and Union counties, which includes the communities of Boiling Springs, Inman, Duncan, Lyman, Wellford, Woodruff, Landrum, Roebuck, Cowpens, Laurens, Gaffney, and Greer.