When you lose a family member to accidental death, one of the most difficult—and most important—decisions you make is whether to get a lawyer involved. Maybe the first thing to know is, the settlement can't be finalized without a court hearing for a judge's official approval.
Here are three more good reasons to hire the best attorney for you in a wrongful death case:
- Protect you from yourself. Your rowboat’s been shoved into a hurricane, and you need an experienced guide with a clear vision and a cool head to get you to shore. The insurance company representatives are professionals, looking out for their number one interest—shortchanging you to maximize company profits. You need a professional of your own to protect you and your family’s financial security.
- Gather evidence to maximize compensation. As simple as the case may seem to you, it’s just not. You’ve got to prove why anyone should pay. An experienced attorney not only knows what to prove but how to prove it. To persuade a tight-fisted insurance company to pay proper compensation, you need to present important evidence in a compelling way.
That can include:
- Compiling stories and other evidence from you and others showing the victim’s impact on your lives.
- Hiring experts like economists or accountants to prove the amount of your financial loss—a lifetime of the victim’s potential earnings.
- Combing through medical records and even meeting doctors to present evidence of suffering before death, which is also part of your case.
- For medical malpractice cases, finding experts—you can’t have a case without them.
- Find all sources of compensation. You may not know where to look or how to ask, which can cause you to give up money you desperately need for financial stability.
This is especially true in car or motorcycle crashes and commercial trucking accidents, like tractor-trailer wrecks. And because you’re a legal amateur, you might need help finding all potentially responsible parties to hold accountable. For instance, in a trucking crash, you can often hold the trucking company accountable.
Don’t Go It Alone
If you don’t really want to deal with this, trust yourself—you shouldn’t. You’ve suffered way more than you should have already. You don’t need another worry, or a pile of worries, added to the pile you’ve already got. A mistake here could have dire financial consequences.
It won’t cost you a thing to get your questions answered by us. You've already been through so much, you don't need to stress about the hassle of meeting with an attorney, so this is what it's like to come see us. Here's what you can bring to our strategy session, if you have it. And no, you don’t need money to hire us.
You can also get a "scouting report" on us in reviews we didn't pay for on a website we don’t own, as well as Google Plus. Take a small step and fill out our Get Help Now form or call toll-free at 888-230-1841 so an experienced wrongful death attorney can answer your questions and help build a strategy for your case.