Slip and fall or trip and fall accidents are always embarrassing, and sometimes they cause severe injuries you don't recognize until long after the fall. If you left the place you fell without reporting it, you need to let them know, for specific reasons that impact your ability to get a settlement. In this brief video, South Carolina accident injury attorney Rob Usry gives you five critical reasons to report your fall ASAP, even if you've got to call the store back.
Here's a question we get sometimes, if you fall and get hurt at a business should you report it? Yes. Immediately. There’s five good reasons to do that.
- Number one, you don't want it to happen to someone else.
- Number two, it tells the business you're going to hold them legally accountable so they can notify their insurance company.
- Number three, it gives the business the ability to do their own investigation which can give evidence like employee statements and incident reports that might help your case.
- Four, it keeps them from saying you never told us you got hurt which they use to make your case look fishy.
- Five, best of all it puts them on notice they need to preserve evidence, like critical surveillance video that can make all the difference in your case if it exists and shows how you fell.
The best way to get that evidence and protect your right to it is to hire an experienced injury attorney to do it for you. And remember this is just the beginning. Expect the business to fight tooth and nail through its insurance company. They know these cases are hard to win and you've accused them of keeping their place of business unsafe for customers.
If you've got questions about your fall case, fill out a get help now form on our website and you'll get answers from an experienced accident injury attorney. I thank you for thinking about this with me and I hope I see you soon.