After a South Carolina motorcycle accident, the wise rider or his family soon begins to consider a serious question that’s got to be addressed: Do I need a motorcycle accident attorney? Let me congratulate you for coming to this page! You’re here to get a critical question answered. If you don’t, your rights are in peril.
If you have any questions you need answered, it won’t cost you a thing to contact this Spartanburg, South Carolina motorcycle accident attorney. Feel free to call us at 888-230-1841 to get answers or schedule a FREE, EASY strategy session with an experienced motorcycle accident attorney.
I’ll get right to the point. Here are the major reasons to hire a South Carolina motorcycle accident attorney.
Seven Reasons to Hire a Spartanburg, South Carolina Motorcycle Accident Attorney
- The deck’s already stacked against you due to unjust biker bias. The key word here is “unjust”—but it’s real, and it's got to be dealt with. Because most people don’t ride, they’re prejudiced against riders, presuming motorcycle riders are at fault in accidents. As a result, the insurance company will be extra skeptical and laser-focused on denying your claim. An experienced motorcycle accident attorney knows how to build a case to defeat this bias and prove the car driver caused the accident, not you. That can include hiring an accident reconstruction expert if needed.
- You’re a crippled amateur facing a mammoth insurance company loaded with professionals and billions of dollars it can use to deny you a fair settlement. State Farm, Allstate, GEICO, Nationwide, and Progressive choke the airwaves with unending commercials. Ever wonder where all the money comes from? You’re right to think all those premiums but it also comes from brutally shortchanging innocent victims from proper settlements. All those clever commercials have one thing in common: they never, ever tell a sincere story about how the insurance company helped a victim like you. Because the insurance company wants to keep its money, even if you deserve it. In fact, insurance adjusters will do all they can to keep you from hiring an attorney, so you’ll stay cornered and defenseless. Don’t let that happen to you.
- The insurance company won’t take you seriously. You’re no threat because you’re not a trained professional like the insurance company’s adjuster. You don’t inject any fear into the insurance company’s cold-blooded veins. Insurance companies fear risk. Experienced motorcycle accident attorneys create risk in two critical ways. One, a settlement demand to start negotiations, which contains evidence that’s admissible at trial. Two, the risk of the added expense of a lawsuit that could end with the insurance company being forced to defend itself at trial. Do you know what you’ve got to prove to win your case? Can you convincingly prove fault to dispel unjust biker bias? Do you know the rules of evidence? The insurance company knows you don’t. An experienced motorcycle accident attorney changes all that. That means the insurance company will take you seriously.
- You don’t know how much insurance is available to cover your injuries. Believe it or not, if you and your insurance agent have been wise, you may be able to access extra insurance coverage from a surprising source: YOUR OWN policy. Not knowing you’ve got access to more money for severe injuries is a prime reason why many victims suffer shockingly inadequate settlements. Don’t risk shortchanging yourself. Get a skilled motorcycle accident attorney who knows where to look to find all possible coverages to pay your medical bills, lost income, and compensate for what you went through as a result of the accident. That way, you protect your right to the maximum settlement under the circumstances.
- You don’t know what your case is worth. An experienced attorney will be the first to tell you one of the most challenging decisions is determining how much to ask for in a motorcycle accident settlement. And we’re the professionals—how could you ever expect to come up with that when this is likely the first and only time you’ve ever had to do it? It’s hard because every case is unique, and every settlement requires consideration of many factors, which makes for a highly complicated calculation. You also need a critical evaluation of whether your case qualifies for punitive damages, which are extremely hard to get. This is especially true if you got hit by a drunk driver, which might give you a chance at a settlement against a bar or restaurant that overserved the drunk driver- but that case has its own complications, requiring careful legal handling.
- You don’t know how to negotiate with the insurance company. The settlement negotiation process in motorcycle accident cases can be a head-scratcher even for professionals. Insurance companies are notorious for laying out distracting counterarguments that make absolutely no sense, just to avoid responsibility. They are especially talented in wearing people out with long delays and unjustifiably low offers, so the inexperienced get tired, give up, and take a lowball offer. With an experienced motorcycle accident attorney, you don’t have to worry about being worn down because we pursue the insurance company for you.
- You don’t know how to use medical evidence or how to protect your right to a settlement including future medical treatment. Many accident victims are surprised to find their doctor is one of the most important witnesses in their case. A significant number of motorcycle accident victims suffer injuries with lifelong implications. Getting a settlement to help cover future medical care requires you to prove it a certain way, or you lose your right to it. If you’ve got an experienced motorcycle accident attorney, you don’t have to worry about forfeiting this critical right.
Here's How We Made a Difference for South Carolina Motorcyle Accident Victims with Serious Cases
To give you an idea what we do as Spartanburg motorcycle accident attorneys, here's a couple of real client stories. Before you read them, legal regulators tell me I need to tell you what you already know: every case is different, different facts and different laws apply to each case, and a prior result doesn't guarantee a future one. Now how we helped some folks who really needed it:
Don’t Let the Insurance Company Jerk Your Chain or Throw You to the Curb—Get a Legal Professional to Handle It
Let me make this point abundantly clear: insurance companies make money by cheating motorcycle accident victims like you. You are already a victim of an irresponsible driver. Don’t be doubly victimized by that driver’s insurance company, or yours. You owe it to yourself and your family to take the best possible shot at the maximum possible settlement in your one and only chance to get justice from this wrong.
Get your questions answered by an experienced Spartanburg, South Carolina motorcycle accident attorney. You can contact us with a live chat, fill out a Get Help Now form, or call toll-free at 888-230-1841.
To get your basic questions answered about motorcycle accident cases, be sure to download our FREE BOOK on crash cases, which I wrote as a service to folks like you to open your eyes to the realities of all that’s involved in these cases.